(Steam) Punk isn't Dead!!

Hi, I'm Kuukai! I'm new to the blog, but I'm a longtime friend of AmakaseP and we have similar interests! I have no idea how to use Blogger, so bear with me!
When Famitsu first ran the headline "Brand-New Sakura Taisen Game Underway" I pretty much joubutsu-ed in my pants. This excitement quickly subsided due to it being browser-based and a general lack of information, but now it's back!

As they announced before, the game is an online browser-based game being developed by TRINITY.GS and published by RoCWorks Co., Ltd., but with all the art and concept work being done by Red Company. I didn't know what to expect, but probably should have. Feast your eyes on Daiteikoku Gakuen!
Sakura Taisen: Taishou Rōman Gakuentan, newest game in the Sakura Taisen series, is a high school simulation game! It's like they combined Sakutai with Tokimemo Online! It seems like it will feature all of the characters we've met up till now, plus the players themselves. It's probably of dubious canon status, and I doubt Akahori is penning the story, but in any case I'm casting my lot that the villain is either Christianity or Shinto. The teaser video they have up on the official site looks pretty impressive, the battle system already looks more exciting than Kimi Aru ga Tame! I leave you with the epic main visual for the game, by Hidenori Matsubara:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arcade Stick Artwork

IDOLM@STER News!

Japan 2010, Day 16