New keyboard

Just got my Japanese keyboard from Lenovo today. They were FAST! I just ordered from them yesterday! They also spelled my name totally wrong, replacing all S's in my last name with F's. As I expected from when they gave me the part number, I got a Chicony-made keyboard. I haven't really used it enough yet to say if I think it's any better or worse than my old keyboard. Taking out the old one though, I discovered it was an ALPS-made model. Anyway, successfully installed it into my laptop. Some pictures are below.

My new Chicony-made JP keyboard installed in my laptop
My old ALPS-made US keyboard after being removed

With the new keyboard in, of course I had to now get Windows to understand that I had a 106-key keyboard now instead of a 101-key keyboard, so I relied once again on my friend caelk's posts on his experience with changing the mappings, and did the instructions in reverse, since he was trying to change from 106-key layout to 101-key layout. I followed his link, and voila, it works beautifully!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arcade Stick Artwork

IDOLM@STER News!

Japan 2010, Day 16