Skip to main content

IDOLM@STER News!

Lots of exciting IDOLM@STER news coming out now! I just caught up on the official blog, so here are the most exciting news bits I found.

Starting with IDOLM@STER arcade news, the arcade machines no longer support online play as of the end of August. In commemoration though, they showed off an awesome device on the official blog, being a portable THE IDOLM@STER arcade machine in a suitcase! The pictures are below.

The innards of portable IDOLM@STER arcade
Slot for inserting your Producer Card, etc
Portable IDOLM@STER arcade in action

As you can see, it's totally awesome. With this, who needs IM@S PSP?

For IDOLM@STER fans with a PS3, although they still haven't made any plans to release the game on the PS3, the people who participated in the THE IDOLM@STER SPECIAL LIVE in PlayStation Home could very well become part of the Guinness World Records. With 124,750 participants, they are aiming for a record in "Most Participants in a Virtual Concert".

In IDOLM@STER 2 news, Ritsuko is moving up in 765 Production, now taking on the role of producer. It's not clear if she will continue to be an idol, but it says she is still doing multiple things at 765 Pro, so I'm guessing yes. As a producer, she will be managing an idol group by the name of "Ryuuguu Komachi" (竜宮小町), consisting of Iori, Ami, and Azusa. It should be interesting. I'm going to guess that they'll be an idol group you compete against in Idol Academy, probably in some kind of story mode like in IM@S PSP. I'd also assume you can't pick those 3 idols to be in your group for that mode either. I'd expect to be able to use them in Free Produce though. We'll see.

The members of Ryuuguu Komachi

In further news, they will have a playable demo of IM@S 2 at TGS2010, and there will also be a new PV, featuring Ryuuguu Komachi singing one of their songs, "SMOKY THRILL". The demo and PV will also be available for download on Xbox Live. I can't wait!

Title screen for IM@S 2 TGS TRIAL EDITION

They'll also be selling IM@S 2 merchandise at TGS. One of the items is a "THE IDOLM@STER 2 765 Production Guide", which comes with individually wrapped cookies. Just looking at the box makes me want it.

The irresistible 765 Production Guide

They're also selling a case of THE IDOLM@STER 2 Strawberry Crunch snacks. The box for that didn't excite me nearly as much, but it's still cool. Apparently these will actually still be available after TGS from LaLaBit Market.

Well, that's it for now, I'll try to keep on top of the IM@S blog and bring you the latest in IM@S news!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arcade Stick Artwork

After modding my Mad Catz Fightstick TE recently with the Toodles MC Cthulhu and Imp v2, I started thinking about maybe replacing the artwork on it with custom artwork as well. I put together a quick design with gimp...well, it would have been quick if I could use gimp properly.   Anyway, what do you guys think? Feel free to leave impressions and suggestions in the comments.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Demo

So just the other day, I tried out the Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Demo on my Xbox 360. It was an interesting experience, but I'm not sure I like it a lot. First thing I want to say is that my comparisons will mainly be to Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. I think that's reasonable, considering that was the last game in the series to come out on the Xbox 360. Anyway, there are two modes in the demo, fighter plane mode and attack helicopter mode. I tried plane mode first. There are two control schemes you can choose for plane mode. One is called Standard, and the other one is called Original. Standard is an easier mode where the plane auto-levels in the absence of control inputs, and you simply push the left control stick in the direction you want to go. The rudder is still a separate control though that can be used for yaw adjustments. The demo defaults to this control scheme. Original gives you full control, making the x-axis of the control stick control the plane's roll...

11eyes and New Anime

So I just finished watching 11eyes, and overall, it wasn't really that good. I'm still thinking about playing the game though, seeing as how it looks quite different from the anime, I'm going to guess that it is in fact different, and hopefully interesting and engaging. I'm probably going to pick up the Xbox 360 version. I've also watched the first episodes of a few shows this season now, being Ladies verses Butlers, Baka to Test to Shoukanjyuu, and Dance in the Vampire Bund. Ladies verses Butlers so far is most definitely a fanservicey show, and Flameheart's incredibly huge drill hair vaguely bothered me initially just by the sheer size. I somewhat got used to it as I watched the episode, but for a short while I was contemplating how much hair you would need to be able to pull off that kind of hair. Nevertheless, it seems like it might be fun to watch, so I'll be keeping up with it for the time being. I like Baka to Test to Shoukanjyuu for the fact that it...