Making Bento

So I bought a bento box from Kofuku Shop at Harvard Square in Boston, MA this past weekend, and decided to try to make use of it today. This was my first time making a bento. When making the food for it this morning, I discovered that it didn't actually hold a whole cup of rice in the bottom tray, so I'm thinking next time I make rice for it, maybe 3/4 cup is the way to go. Nevertheless, I didn't really plan out the box, so it's not a particularly balanced meal, but still, at least I got some vegetables in it. It's got some approximation of tamagoyaki in it, a hot dog, and my first effort at blanching spinach. Spinach really does take up a lot less room after cooking it, so I'll have to make more next time. Anyway, I have a picture below of my finished efforts right before I was going to start eating it for lunch today. The milk coffee is mine too, but anything past that is not.

My delicious first-time bento (with Milk Coffee!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arcade Stick Artwork

IDOLM@STER News!

Japan 2010, Day 16